This article may contain links to products, software and services that may pay us a commission, if you make a purchase. This will not cost you anything additional. Read our Disclosure for more details.
Raw Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Peppermint Slice.
I came up with this raw dessert recipe a while back. It’s a chocolate, peppermint slice and it’s good! It’s kinda chewy and chocolaty on the bottom, kinda soft and gooey and pepper-minty in the middle and then smooth and chocolaty on the top.
The whole thing is raw (so no baking required) and it’s definitely hard to stop at one piece! Here’s the recipe.
Raw Dessert Recipe: Chocolate Peppermint Slice
Chocolate coconut base – ingredients
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup hemp flour
- 15 dates (These were the small dates. Halve the amount if using the larger variety)
- 1 tablespoon coconut nectar (substitute honey or maple syrup if preferred)
- 2 heaped tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch Himalayan or Celtic salt
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
The how to
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until well combined and the mixture sticks together when pressed.
Place the mixture in a 20 cm x 20 cm baking dish or tray and press the mixture firmly all over until it is packed down tight. Place in the fridge or freezer to set.Creamy peppermint topping – ingredients
- 1/2 cup cashew nuts – soaked in water for at least 3 hours (up to 8 hours)
- 8 small dates or 4 large – soaked in water for at 3 hours
- Flesh of 1 medium sized avocado
- 2 tablespoons of coconut nectar (substitute honey or maple syrup if preferred)
- 4 – 6 tablespoons of coconut oil (dependent on size of avocado and how ‘set’ you want this layer)
- 4 drops of organic peppermint essential oil (2 teaspoons of natural peppermint essence can be used if you don’t have the essential oil available but it won’t taste as good…)
The how to
Drain cashews and dates then add all ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Spread carefully over the base and then put back into the refrigerator.
Chocolate topping – ingredients
- 1 cup cashew nuts – soaked in water for at least 3 hours (up to 8 hours)
- 1/4 cup of coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut nectar
- 4 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Pinch of Himilayan salt or Celtic sea salt
Drain cashews then put into your blender with all other ingredients. Blend until smooth. Spread carefully on top of the slice and then refrigerate.
This recipe makes about 25 or 30 ‘I’m being good’ sized pieces, or about 20 ‘piggy’ sized pieces, and while you’re enjoying your chocolate peppermint treat, put your feet up and read all about the benefits of peppermint here.
Store in the fridge to keep it set and enjoy!