Keto Desserts by Kelley Herring is the improved version of its predecessor, Guilt-free Desserts. Keto Desserts encompasses paleo and grain-free baking while focusing on nutrient density, gluten-free, low-carb and keto-friendly recipes for the sweet tooth in all of us.
When people discover that they can literally ‘have their cake and eat it too’ – without expanding their waistline or raising their blood sugar by eating delicious cakes and desserts without the guilt trip, understandably, they would want to know more.
About Kelley Herring
Table Of Contents
- About Kelley Herring
- Keto Desserts Cookbook: Pros and Cons
- How Are Keto Desserts keto and guilt-free?
- What Recipes Are In The Keto Desserts Cookbook?
Before she became a nutritional biochemist and graduated with degrees in biology and chemistry, Kelly Herring underwent years of her own personal health struggles that included a weakened digestive system and various illnesses.
Countless doctor visits did not help until she decided to take control of her own health and started to look much more carefully into the foods she was eating. This helped her to embark on a journey of discovery involving a combination of science and nutritional healing.
Fast forward to 2007, she became much healthier and started publishing a series of books, beginning with Guilt-free Desserts and then Better Breads that have gone on to become sensations in the health food genre.
She has since further improved these cookbooks and renamed them to be Keto Desserts and Keto Breads respectively, in order to cater for the growing keto community.
Keto Desserts Cookbook: Pros and Cons
- Been around since 2007
- Kelley Herring is one of the early adopters of keto who is mindful of taste and nutritious value
- Nutritional facts and macronutrients ratios are specified for each recipe
- Vast majority of good reviews
- Comprehensive cookbook for low-carb, gluten-free dessert recipes
- Recipes that have undergone countless testing until they get it just right so you don’t have to
- Easy to whip these recipes in 15-30 minutes (not including baking time)
- Does not require complicated and expensive baking equipment or utensils
- Suitable for novice bakers
- Your purchase comes in a choice of a trade paperback and digital copy
- Quick-to-respond customer support (Yes, we actually contacted them!)
- Money-back guarantee
- A handful of recipes that do require specialized tools such as mini tart pans or a spring-form pan.
- The natural sweeteners mentioned and used in this recipe book are only stevia and erythritol. However, we found that monkfruit was more to our liking as it was easier to work out our desired sweetness level as compared to using stevia.
- You can expect your recipe to taste good but don’t expect them to look like their picture perfect photos if you are a novice baker.
- Easy Keto Banana Bread in under 55 mins [BEGINNER’S GUIDE and RECIPE]
- Keto Diet 101: Getting Started with Ketogenic Lifestyle
- Can I have keto desserts everyday?
- Keto Breads by Kelley Herring Review (Tried & Tested)
- Coconut Flour vs Regular Flour (3 Brands Compared + Best Coconut Flour REVEALED)
- Grain Free Sourdough Bread: Cassava Flour Recipe
How Are Keto Desserts keto and guilt-free?
These recipes contain NO grains and NO sugar. But they still look and taste amazing! How can that be?…
The recipes in this book use healthier ingredients like:
- Almond flour
- Coconut flour
- Organic psyllium husk
The delicious recipes in this book avoid the unhealthy fats like margarine and vegetable oils, instead making great use of natural healthy fats like:
- Virgin Coconut oil
- Grass-fed Butter
The recipes in the Keto Desserts recipe book are sweetened with stevia and erythritol. Erythritol is a sugar alcohol (or Polyol), like xylitol that are found naturally in various plants including fruits and vegetables and is extracted from birchwood. However, xylitol has been known cause stomach upsets so it is understandably left out of this recipe book.
Erythritol is the sweetener of choice for these recipes because it contains no calories, no carbs (unless you eat a huge amount of it) and it is better tolerated than other sugar alcohols which can have a laxative effect on some people. It has about 60-80% moderate sweetness compared to sucrose.
We do find monkfruit was a better choice for us as it was easier to measure (the ratio for monkfruit was similar to that of regular caster sugar in a traditional recipe) and it tasted like real sugar, just without the obscene calories.
What Recipes Are In The Keto Desserts Cookbook?
- Keto NY-Style Cheesecake
- Keto Chocolate Cheesecake
- Keto Strawberry-Lime “Cheese” Cake
- Keto Truffle “Cheese” Cake
- Keto Pumpkin “Cheese” Cake
Cakes and Cupcakes
- Keto Chocolate Cake
- Keto Yellow Cake
- Keto Molten Chocolate Cake
- Keto Coconut Sponge Cake
- Keto Carrot Cake
- Keto Red Velvet Cake
- Keto Pound Cake
- Keto Spice Cake
- Keto Almond Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Real-Deal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Keto Brownie Cookies
- Keto Sunbutter Cookies
- Keto Coconut Macaroons
- Keto Snickerdoodle Bites
- Keto Ginger Cookies
- Keto Florentine Lace Cookies
- Keto Macadamia Biscotti
- Keto Thin Mint Cookies
- Keto Butter Pecan Cookies
Brownies and Bars
- Keto Lemon Cheesecake Bars
- Keto Cookie Dough Blondies
- Keto Magic Cookie Bars
- Keto Real-Deal BrowniesKeto Almond Butter Brownies
Pies and Tarts
- Keto Superfood Berry Chocolate Tarts
- Keto Lemon Tarts
- Keto Key Lime Pie
- Keto Chocolate Silk Pie
Soufflé, Mousse and Custard
- Keto Chocolate Soufflés
- Keto Chocolate Mousse
- Keto Crème Brûleé
- Keto Almond Joy Bars
- Keto Turtles
- Keto Almond Butter Fudge
- Keto Salted Almond Brittle
- Keto Rolo
- Keto Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream
- Keto Chocolate Ice Cream
- Keto Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
- Keto Butter Pecan Ice Cream
Frostings and Toppings
- Cocoa Butter Ganache
- Low-Carb Caramel
- Keto Chocolate Buttercream
- Keto German Chocolate Frosting
- Keto Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Keto Cream Cheese Frosting
- Sugar-Free Orange Marmalade
- Coconut Whipped Cream
- Sugar-Free Lemon Glaze
- Keto Magic Shell
But remember folks, just like everything you have to consume this moderately and what is allowable in your dietary intake based on your own individual health conditions and needs.
P.S. If you haven’t already, check out my post about the Keto Breads recipe book. It was created by the same folks and the recipes are just as amazing.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Eve Mayhew is a stay-at-home Mum, graphic designer and wife who takes more of a relaxed and practical approach to health. She prefers to live a more stress-free life and enjoys food and drink in moderation by counting her blessings rather than counting the calories or feeling guilty over the odd soft drink or fast food fix every now and then. (Contact Author)