This article may contain links to products, software and services that may pay us a commission, if you make a purchase. This will not cost you anything additional. Read our Disclosure for more details.
Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse [RECIPE]
Avocado is such an awesomely versatile thing isn’t it? Seriously – you’ve got to love it.
I’ve made this Avocado Mousse a number of times now for different people and they just don’t believe it’s avocado! Even people who don’t like avocado, like this mousse because it just tastes like a delicious, decadent, chocolate dessert. (Just don’t tell them what it’s made from until after they’ve eaten it!).
It’s quick and it’s simple to make and here it is:
- 3 large avocados
- 2 large tablespoons of raw honey
- 2 large tablespoons of organic palm sugar or rapadura sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence (real – not imitation!)
- 2 large tablespoons of organic virgin coconut oil
- 2 heaped tablespoons of raw cacao or raw carob powder (raw & organic)
- quarter of a teaspoon of Tamari
- quarter of a teaspoon of Balsamic vinegar
The how to
Pop it all in a blender and blend til smooth. Easy!
Refrigerate and then enjoy. This is sooooo good. Make sure you taste it before serving to make sure it’s sweet enough for you as ‘large’ avocados can be different sizes and so you might need to add a bit more coconut sugar or honey.
P.S. Did you read my review of the Vitamix blender? I think a really good quality blender is such an essential piece of kitchen equipment and I’m pretty impressed with the Vitamix. What do you think?