This is a detailed review that covers what to expect on food options, pros and cons, why choose the Custom Keto Diet, facts behind it, who can benefit, who should avoid it, how much does it cost and is it worth it?
Table of Contents
- What is the Custom Keto Diet?
- Custom Keto Diet Food Options
- Fast Food Options on Custom Keto Diet
- Who should avoid the Custom Keto Diet?
- What are the Pros and Cons of Custom Keto Diet?
- What To Expect on the Custom Keto Diet?
- Who is Rachel Roberts?
- Why choose the Custom Keto Diet?
- Fact-checking Custom Keto Diet’s References
- Custom Keto Diet vs Lean For Life (Tried & Succeeded)
- How much does Custom Keto Diet cost?
- Is the Custom Keto Diet worth it?
What is the Custom Keto Diet?
It’s an 8-week customised keto-based diet plan that allows you to create your own keto diet plan based on your gender, body type, height, current weight, daily activity level, favourite foods and your target weight loss. It is devised by Rachel Roberts and her team of nutritionists.
The keto diet follows the concept of burning fat for energy instead of carbs and still being able to eat your favourite food.
>>>—If you’re just a beginner on keto then you may want to check out our Keto Diet 101.
This keto diet plan totally goes against the “no pain, no gain” that is overly restrictive and forces you to just eat mainly chicken, fish, green veggies, boiled eggs and protein shakes throughout your whole weight loss journey. Your meals will feel repetitive after 2 weeks and then the feeling of “suffering” sinks in and you will unsurprisingly give up. I don’t blame you, I have been there.
The Custom Keto Diet understands this too and knows that willpower can only go so far.
Why not try something that is not going to feel like you are on a restrictive diet and actually takes into consideration of your food preferences and makes the diet enjoyable?
You can access your customized keto plan right away after payment.
Custom Keto Diet Food Options
Their menu depends on your choice of foods that are designed by experienced nutritionists that is meant to ensure that you are getting the right calorie intake for your gender, age, body and daily activity level.
Which weight loss program is going to give you that?
You can easily swap and change their recipes to suit what you want to eat for the next meal so you would not feel like you are eating the same thing over and over again…
That would be torturous!
You can choose red meat, fish, eggs and their menu even caters for vegans and vegetarians too.
This regimen plan will be able to keep your hunger cravings at bay because you will be eating what you want and at the right amount needed burn fat right away.
Fast Food Options on Custom Keto Diet
Surprisingly, this diet program takes consideration of fast food options!
Not many meal plans will do this.
Let’s be realistic, you may not like it but you’re going to run into a situation when you’re just too tired to do your own cooking or you would like a break every now and then.
Nobody’s perfect, accept that.
Beating up yourself over one-cheat meal or day won’t reverse the effects, it will just make you feel worse.
This custom diet program understands this and is capable of providing you options so you can still be on track for your weight loss goal.
Imagine that! You can enjoy keto-friendly meals from popular restaurants such as McDonald’s, Subway, Taco Bell, Burger King, Wendy’s, KFC, Popeyes, Chipotle, In & Out Burger, Starbucks and more while still staying in ketosis and melting away fat.
Who should avoid the Custom Keto Diet?
There are articles that state people with pre-existing conditions such as high-blood sugar, kidney, liver and pancreatic and gall bladder complications and even pregnant or nursing women should avoid the ketogenic diet.
It is not recommended to try the keto diet if you haven’t done a full health check-up recently to uncover any other underlying health conditions with your chosen health professional.
Please discuss with your health care professional first before starting a keto diet and if at all possible, find a health practitioner who is willing to work with you and monitor your progress.
What are the Pros and Cons of Custom Keto Diet?
- It comes with a downloadable grocery list that comes in handy on your cellphone or mobile.
- Covers portion size so you don’t have to weigh your food.
- You don’t need to be a professional chef to prepare your meals. They were created for the person who has no cooking experience.
- Optional session with a private consultant if you need someone to talk to make sure you are on the right track.
- The program comes with delicious meals because it is a menu that you have chosen based on what foods you want to eat. It is caters for individual food preferences, whether you are a carnivore, pescatarian or even vegetarian. (show pics of food options)
- 60-day Money back guarantee, no questions asked. That’s pretty much the whole length of the program!
- Lifetime access to your custom meal plan without any hidden fees.
- No additional fees like shipping as it is all online.
• Too short of time frame for some to reach their weight loss goals
An 8 week time frame may be too short of a time frame for someone who wants to lose way more than 10 pounds (approx. 5kg or more) but it is not impossible.
It is only a guide, not a deadline.
You just need to increase your activity level throughout the course of your diet by undertaking a more rigorous exercise routine or compliment your diet with intermittent fasting or both.
What To Expect on the Custom Keto Diet?
- Rapid weight loss in the first week heightens expectation for the following weeks
For those starting out on a ketogenic diet for the first time, it has been reported that the average person on a keto diet would probably lose anywhere between 1 pound (approx. 0.5kg) to more than 10 pounds (approx. 5kg) in their first week. As exciting as that may sound, it may actually be more of water weight instead of fat. But once you’ve gone past the first week, your body will start to go into full-on ketosis and start the fat burning process. Just don’t expect another 10 pounds (approx. 5kg) weight loss in the following week as the rate of weight loss varies from person to person. In my personal experience, I did experience the majority of my weight loss in the first week.
- Weight loss varies greatly between gender and estrogen levels
There was a study that showed men had a significantly larger reduction in body weight compared to women who underwent a ketogenic diet. The reason for this difference could be due to estrogen levels and that postmenopausal women were more likely to experience greater weight loss compared to younger women but more human studies are needed to confirm this. This may be something to consider if you are going to get competitive in your weight loss journey with somebody else. Instead of focusing on the amount of weight you lose, any amount of body weight reduction should be positively acknowledged.
Who is Rachel Roberts?
In her video, she introduces herself as a mum living in Texas. She confesses that she is not a doctor or scientist but have gone round the dieting block many times before and claims to have spent thousands of dollars only to get less than satisfactory results.
However, instead of giving up completely, she decided to turn her life around and move forward from this bad experience.
I think any one of us who has ever tried a weight loss program can relate to that.
Rachel Roberts set out to create this program with a certified team to take the guesswork out of fat loss. She calls it fat loss instead of weight loss.
Through years of science-based research and with the help of her team of nutritionists, trainers and chefs, she came to the conclusion of combining the idea of calorie deficit with the proven methods of the ketogenic diet.
Instead of setting out to place restrictive calorie counting on the diet participant, they’ve created a program that takes away all the hassle of that and still being able to serve up healthy and delicious foods.
All you have to do is follow the menu plan, buy the ingredients, cook it and enjoy.
That’s a real game changer for all of us right away!
Why choose the Custom Keto Diet?
• Honestly, you could do the keto diet without the Custom Keto Diet meal plan but that just means you will have to create the optimal plan on your own. You will need to study in depth about foods, their nutritional facts, their macronutrients and how to incorporate all of that information to match your food choices, gender, body type and your lifestyle. Nutritionists spend years perfecting this process already and would charge you a stack of money for it and rightfully so. This is what Rachel Roberts and her team of nutritionists, personal trainers and chefs have set out to achieve for you but won’t be charging you the 3-figure-sum price tag per session for it.
• You could even try figuring it out on your own by trying the endless stream of free keto recipes online but without a customised plan, it’s no better than throwing darts on a board with your eyes closed and discover how lucky you are at hitting that bullseye again…and again.
Therefore you would need to ask yourself, how much time, money and effort is all of THAT going to cost you?
Will it all be too hard and you will just give up before you even start.
That would be the real tragedy.
• Going on the Custom Keto Diet will feel like you are having your very own nutritionist and personal chef working together to cater a keto diet plan for you without the high consultancy costs. Bear in mind this is only from a meal plan point of view and not from a personal medical point of view. Therefore, you would really need to consult a medical professional that understands the keto diet firsthand before trying any diet. Some people have been known to succumb to the side-effects of ketosis such as the keto flu or canker sores that may be more than you can bear.
• To optimize your weight loss and achieve your goals in 8 weeks, you will need to know your ideal calorie and macro intake that is going to suit your lifestyle. One thing that really stands out for this keto plan, is that it takes all of that into account already so you don’t have to.
Fact-checking Custom Keto Diet’s References
Professor Mark Haub who tested calorie deficit on his own body
He is a professor of human nutrition at Kansas State University that went on a diet that consisted two-thirds of junk food such as Twinkies, nutty bars and powdered donuts because he wanted to test the calorie deficit theory. He wanted to see if one could lose weight on pure calorie counting while negating the nutritional value of the calories. That article does exist as you can see in the screenshot below as reported by CNN. ( mentioned date stamp of screenshot)
2. Another reference mentioned in the Custom Keto Diet was by the British Journal of Nutrition; No.29: Br J Nutr. 2013 Oct;110(7):1178-87 that stated “Individuals assigned to a VLCKD [very low carbohydrate ketogenic diet] achieve a greater weight loss than those assigned to an LFD [low-fat diet] in the long term; hence, a VLCKD may be an alternative tool against obesity” can be found here. Below is the abstract and this statement can be found in the last few lines.
Just by randomly picking out some references, you can see that there is some research behind this custom diet plan.
Custom Keto Diet vs Lean For Life (Tried & Succeeded)
I have done a ketogenic diet before, back in late 2010. I wanted to lose 10 pounds in 4 weeks. I believe now that it may have been an earlier version of the keto diet as it was the first time I have ever heard of the term “ketosis”. The program was called the Lean For Life by Cynthia Stamper Graff and the diet mainly focused on a low carb, low fat and high protein menu in the first week, then gradually building up your macronutrients throughout the rest of the program. It even recommended protein shakes and snack bars as supplements.
Even though I did lose weight and achieved my target weight (about 10 pounds in the first week and an additional 2 pounds for the rest of the 3 weeks), I don’t think I would recommend that diet now as it was pretty reliant on the individual’s willpower, dedication to food portioning and rigidly limiting my meat sources to only white meat such as chicken and fish. I had to consistently weigh my food and check to see if I was in ketosis with a ketostick which needs a reading through your urine test which can be inconvenient and quite messy.
With the Custom Keto Diet, you can eat delicious foods that match your taste buds as compared to the Lean for Life keto diet or any other weight loss programs that only allow selected foods from their menu.
These days, there’s new technology like Lumen Metabolism Tracker that can tell you whether you’re burning mainly carbs or fat and you can adjust accordingly with your Custom Keto Diet plan for that by changing up your next meal. That’s already way better than using a ketostick like I did!
How much does Custom Keto Diet cost?
If you want to give the Custom Keto Diet a go, there is no free option. Not officially anyway.
You can go through the multitude of free keto recipes already freely available out there.
However, you would be treading blindly and you will have to keep trying until you find the right recipes for you.
You start off with the quiz so that your dietary intake is based on the macronutrients needed for a successful ketogenic diet.
Is the Custom Keto Diet worth it?
For a small fee that equates to the price of a fancy steak meal which I can only enjoy once, I got to learn a lot about the kind of foods that I should be eating in order to get a long-lasting result and keeping the weight off.
It is a very affordable diet plan that did all guesswork and hard work for me.
It’s pretty amazing to see your own body transform and actually being proud of it, instead of just covering it up with loose clothing.
If you are up for following a plan, sticking to it for at least 8 weeks and seeing the results of it, then Custom Keto Diet is the right fit for you.
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE:
Eve Mayhew is a stay-at-home Mum, graphic designer and wife who takes more of a relaxed and practical approach to her lifestyle. She prefers to live a more stress-free life and enjoys food and drink in moderation by counting her blessings rather than counting the calories or feeling guilty over the odd soft drink or fast food fix every now and then. (Contact Author)